Overview of agroperlite uses and recommendations
- Flowering – perlite increases moisture around plants, spends air and moisture on the roots of the plant, which is important due to the absorption of oxygen and water that occurs through the roots.
- Seed germination – perlite can be used alone or mixed in equal parts with crushed peat moss or peat. Seed germination also depends on the ambient temperature (for most seeds, the average temperature is about 22 ° C.).
- Propagation by cuttings – perlite is suitable for flower propagation by cuttings; the best way to propagate indoor plants, shrubs and vine-type plants. Agroperlite accelerates germination, promotes root formation and growth, reduces replantation shocks and damage.
Advantages of perlite used in agriculture, horticulture and crop production
- Suitable for greenhouses, outdoor and indoor plants and for the plants, which grow in the terraces.
- Improves soil ventilation (90% porosity).
- Improves soil absorption and reduces moisture evaporation.
- More economical watering procedure.
- Does not have weed seeds or diseases because it is of inorganic origin.
- Regulates soil pH as it has a neutral pH.
- Helps the roots of the plant carry all nutrients and minerals, including fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides.
- Suitable for seed germination (mixed with peat or pure); can be used as a substitute for soil, for which purpose it can be mixed with other inorganic materials.
- Suitable for hydroponics and any other ways of growing of plants without soil.
- It is used to improve soil in lawns (in parks, gardens, golf courses and football fields), because it improves grass condition, prevents excessive moisture, reduces slipperiness, increases the volume of grass leaves and roots, reduces the need for agronomic lawn maintenance, and lawn maintenance costs.
- For outdoor plants, which are grown in the soil, as well as in the greenhouses, it is recommended that 10-40 % of perlite be added to the soil, depending on the desired result.
- It is recommended using 20-60% of perlite for the plants, which grow in the containers, pots (for example, a lower weight garden on the terrace); can be used as a drainage substitute.
- Planting on the roofs, improving the maintenance of weight and moisture.
- For the seed germination and propagation by cuttings is suggested using pure perlite or up to 1:1 mixture with peat or inorganic substances; for the indoor plants it is recommended using as an additive (10-40 % volume) to the peat substrate or compost land; for the cactus – up to 50-70 % of soil volume;it is recommended using up to 30 % of perlite mixed with 70 % of the soil for the lawns of the park, garden, football or golf fields.Perlite is lightweight, so when the very soft and dry primer is irrigated, perlite rises to the top.In order to avoid this, a higher amount of perlite should be added in deeper layers of the soil, or the surface layer of the soil should be more thickened, the sand should be added to the surface, or it should be mulched (for example, using pine bark, nut shells or other mulch, pebbles).
- When mulching,it is recommended mixingthe agroperlite with the upper layer of soil or pour a layer of 1-2 cm thick around the plants. To prepare the substrate and improve the soil, 10-50 % of agroperlite is added to the substrate or soil. In order to avoid the dustiness of agroperlite it is recommended that it be easily moistened.
- When composted, 10-15 % of agroperlite is added to the composting materials. Agroperlite can also be applied on the top with a thin layer.
- For the drainage apply 3-5 cm of moist agroperlite on the bottom of the dish.It is recommended mixing agroperlite with peat in a 1:1 ratio for the transportation of plants.For storing bulbs, roots, cornflowers, 2-3 cm of agroperlite is poured on the bottom of the container, and agroperlite is poured over the top.In a low-volume plant growing technology, the perlite mixture with peat is suitable for flowering seedlings.Perlite can be used alone or mixed in equal parts with crushed peat moss or peat.In agricultural fields it is recommended selecting the agroperlite rate according to the type of soil and the expected economic result.Experimentation has shown that 1-4 % insertion rate for different culturesgives good moisture retention results.According to the data, it is recommended to insert about 1 % of agroperlite.